847 963 8465 info@pureline.com

Chlorine dioxide is a disinfectant and odor remover that leaves your space feeling fresh and clean. It is incredibly versatile, meaning it can be used everywhere, from homes to hospitals. Learn why you should use chlorine dioxide to eliminate odors and unpleasant smells.

 

What Is Chlorine Dioxide?

Chlorine dioxide (ClO2) is a chemical compound that consists of one chlorine atom and two oxygen atoms. In its gaseous form, it takes on a reddish to yellow-green appearance.

The reason why chlorine dioxide is such a powerful disinfectant is that it disinfects via oxidation. That means it attacks bacterial cells at a molecular level, killing viruses at their core.

Chlorine dioxide is used to oxidize airborne pathogens, can dissolve in water to oxidize biofilm and bacteria present in water systems, and can oxidize pathogens on nonporous hard surfaces.

Please note that chlorine dioxide is not the same as chlorine bleach! This comparison is similar to saying that hydrogen is the same as water!

 

3 Reasons to Use Chlorine Dioxide to Eliminate Odors

Studies reveal that chlorine dioxide gas efficiently disinfects and improves air quality indoors after a single treatment.

Another study found that chlorine dioxide-based agents were more effective at destroying bacteria resistant to chemical disinfection.

Aside from its proven effectiveness, chlorine dioxide has a few notable benefits for use in odor removal.

 

1. Quick Removal Time

Compared to other deep air sanitizing methods, chlorine dioxide takes a short amount of time for the odor removal process.

Some reports indicate a timeframe of 5-12 hours for a full odor removal. That means your space will be odorless in less than a day!

 

2. Works on Many Sources

Chlorine dioxide’s unique chemical properties make it effective in getting rid of different types of bad smells. You can use a chlorine dioxide product to remove

  • Pet smells
  • Cigarette smoke
  • Mildew and mold
  • Sweaty odors
  • Rodent smells
  • Rotten food smells
  • And more.

 

3. Environmentally Friendly

Chlorine dioxide is perhaps one of the safest solutions for odor removal. It is environmentally friendly, as it breaks down naturally into salt and water.

No harmful by-products are produced. Entering the treated area post-treatment is also safe for humans and pets. Additionally, chlorine dioxide is EPA-approved as a deodorizer and disinfectant.

 

Experience a True Clean with Pure 100

Keep your home, hospital, or business safe by prioritizing cleanliness. Pure 100 is a one-step germicidal spray disinfectant cleaner that destroys bacteria, viruses, and grime.

Simply spray on surfaces and leave it to work its magic. No wiping is required. Pure 100 uses oxidation to address odors on a molecular level for controlling air quality.

Though robust, this spray medical-grade disinfectant has a neutral pH, no harsh chemicals, no noxious fumes, and no harmful VOCs. It is powerful enough to be used in healthcare facilities but gentle enough to be used in homes.

You can find out more about Pure 100 and PureLine’s disinfecting solutions by contacting our team.

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.